Legionella Remedial Work & Plumbing
Our highly experienced Legionella remediation team have extensive knowledge and provide fast,
reliable and professional services across Northern Ireland.
The Importance of Legionella Remedial Works
Legionella Remedial works focus on improving the design of your water system by removing risks that encourage growth. Once you have the Legionella Risk Assessment, this will help identify all the risks and the practical steps that should be taken. The first step is to always eliminate the risk. Alternatively, when the risk cannot be removed the action is to reduce the risk. For example, the removal of redundant pipework, however, if pipework cannot be removed then implementing a weekly flushing regime is essential.
Techright Environmental provides practical advice and solutions to all are Northern Ireland clients. We pride ourselves on:
Expert Knowledge – Our highly experienced water hygiene consultants demonstrate extensive knowledge and work to a high set of standards. We believe in providing a fast, reliable, and professional service.
Remediation Survey – Our team of experts will produce site surveys detailing remedial works which will eliminate or reduce the chances of bacteria such as Legionella flourishing within the water systems.
High Quality Standard – All work is in line with L8 Compliance Standards
Legionella Remedial Work Services
- Dead leg removal – unused pipework has little to no water flow creating water stagnation which acts as a breeding grounding for bacteria such as Legionella
- Insulation – insulation to tanks and pipework will reduce heat loss and heat gain
- TMV Install & Servicing – service regularly to reduce the risk of scalds and legionella contamination
- Re-routing of Pipework – inlet and outlet should be on opposite sides of your water tank to create a good crossflow of water, minimising stagnation
- System Chlorination – if you suspect Legionella in the water system we can help
- Removal of Flexi hoses – replace with WRAS approved flexi hoses
- Water Tank Cleaning and Disinfection – clean tank will ensure the stored water is safe and clean
- Fitting of Mains Bypass – provides constant supply of water when work is carried out to your water tank
- Descaling Services – descale and clean all water outlets helps to reduce scale buildup
- Calorifier Descales, Blowdowns and Inspections – reduce sediment build up and improve efficiency
- Fitting and Maintenance of POU water heaters – ensures optimal temperatures are achieved
- Install of Cold-Water Storage Tank – sometimes it’s best to upgrade
- Cold Water Storage Tank Inspections – ensures water storage tanks meet legislation
- Leaking Water Tank Repair – various solutions
- Training – for associated staff on the recording of temperature and shower head disinfections
Legionella Remedial Work Actions
After undertaking the legionella risk assessment, you will need to remove or reduce the risk. To demonstrate, the Remedial Team will complete the actions identified in this risk assessment.
Firstly, we will supply and fit with a new lid with a R31 tank breather and ingress screens. The pipes and tank will be insulated to provide protection from heat loss or transfer.
Secondly, the pipework will be re-routed to ensure the Inlet and Outlet are on opposite sides of the water tank. As a result, this will provide a good crossflow of water, that will help reduce water stagnation.
Thirdly, the ballcock will be replaced, and in this case, lowered to reduce the stored water volume. With less staff onsite and working at home the volume of water turnaround was identified. These works will not need to be carried out again.
Finally, we will clean and chlorinate the water tank. In addition, we will produce a tank chlorination certificate. Furthermore, we will collect microbiological samples.
Some of these works will only need to be actioned once. The water tank should be inspected periodically and cleaned when necessary.
All Remedial Works is in line with L8 and ACOPs
All Remedial Work will be carried out in line with WRAS and Regulatory Standards. The certified and competent consultants who work to a high set of standards are fully trained. Giving you the reassurance and confidence that your water system is safe, compliant and efficient.
As a result, this will help lower the chances of a Legionella outbreak.
Finally, we will produce completion report showing photos of all the completed works. This way you will have evidence and proof of works.
What Clients Say?
Simon Nelson, SHEQ Manager ESSENTRA PACKAGING
The professional attitude taken during the recent extensive works on site in relation to not only the job itself but with regards to health & safety was excellent. Aaron led the project from start to finish and was in full attendance for the duration of the works which gave us as a company the confidence to know the job would be executed correctly. Aaron’s team and third party contractor also carried out their duties to a very high standard.
Richard Barnes, Health and safety Manager FINNEBROGUE
I have been using Techright as water treatment specialists for the service, monitoring, and risk assessment of our water systems for several years. Aaron and his team have always provided a first class, cost-effective support service, and maintained a high quality of work. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any prospective client.