Water Tank Cleaning
We provide professional, reliable and cost-effective water tank cleaning services for everything from large, complex commercial systems to small, domestic tanks throughout Northern Ireland.
Water Tank Cleaning & Disinfection
Water is undoubtedly the most important part of our lives and is something one cannot do without.
Here at Techright we provide professional, reliable and cost-effective water tank cleaning services for everything from large, complex commercial systems to small domestic tanks.
Water tank cleaning is an essential part of water hygiene and Legionella control.
Over time, dirt, dust, debris, mould and harmful bacteria such as Legionella can build up in the water tank.
In order to control the legionella risk and maintain water hygiene, water storage tanks should be inspected regularly and, if necessary, physically cleaned and disinfected.
One of the key aspects of the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP L8/HSG274 Parts 1, 2 & 3) is the requirement for the maintenance of clean conditions in all online water systems.
Its important to carry out routine tank inspections to ensure the stored water is safe, clean and compliant. Unclean water acts as a breeding ground for bacteria. Removing this will reduce the risk of waterborne bacteria such as Legionella.
Benefits Of Water Tank Cleaning
- Prevents disease outbreak
- Reduces biofilm build-up
- Keeps tanks clear of sediment and silt
- Prevents rust and corrosion caused by debris and organic material
- Keeps your water supply clean and fresh
- Reduces tank maintenance and costs
- Prevents blockages and leakages
- Ensures compliance with the Health & Safety regulations
How Often Should you Clean your Cold Water Storage Tank?
The frequency of these inspections and cleans should be annually.
The site-specific legionella risk assessment will advise you on the recommended frequency.
When the routine tank inspection is carried out, it is best to clean and chlorinate your tank when there is visible evidence of the following:-
Our experienced team will: –
- Visit your site and conduct a tank inspection
- Fully drain the tank and undertake physical clean to impeccable standards
- Chemical clean using HuwaSan TR50
- Tests carried out for TVC, E-coli and T-Coliform and Legionella by a UKAS accredited laboratory
- Issue water tank chlorination certificate
- Provide risk assessments and method statements
- Provide completion report showing photographic evidence and client signature
Benefits of HuwaSan TR50 for Water Tank Cleaning include:-
- Water that is safe for drinking and bathing
- No hazardous chemical mixing is required which will increase safety for sites and operatives
- Safer and less corrosive than chlorine based products which means pipework will not corrode
- HuwaSan TR50 has been recognised by the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for the control of legionella bacteria
If your premises or part of your premises (commercial or domestic) has been closed/unused for several weeks, or your water storage tank hasn’t been flushed and cleaned for a period of time, harmful bacteria and biofilm is at risk of proliferating within your system.
Contact us to make an enquiry on our water tank cleaning services.
What Clients Say?
Simon Nelson, SHEQ Manager ESSENTRA PACKAGING
The professional attitude taken during the recent extensive works on site in relation to not only the job itself but with regards to health & safety was excellent. Aaron led the project from start to finish and was in full attendance for the duration of the works which gave us as a company the confidence to know the job would be executed correctly. Aaron’s team and third party contractor also carried out their duties to a very high standard.
Richard Barnes, Health and safety Manager FINNEBROGUE
I have been using Techright as water treatment specialists for the service, monitoring, and risk assessment of our water systems for several years. Aaron and his team have always provided a first class, cost-effective support service, and maintained a high quality of work. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any prospective client.